Edgebander ACCURA 1558: Modular, Multifunctional, Maximum Performance
The ACCURA 1558 performance is a future-oriented milestone for edgebanders. Designed for absolute maximum performance, the ACCURA 1558 performance remains highly flexible, allowing adaptation to your specific requirements. Two cutter units, one corner buffing unit as well as one free space for an optional grooving unit are standard features in addition to the classic machining units. Up to 30 NC servo-axes move your high performance units to the specific machining position at the touch of a button.
Here is what the HOLZ-HER ACCURA offers
- Invisible Joints with Glu Jet Thin Film Technology
- Integrated Multifunction Cutting Technology
- iTronic for intelligent automation
- Workpiece Thickness up to 60 mm
- Edge Thickness up to 20 mm
- Units for 100% Repetition Accuracy
iTronic for intelligent automation
iTronic operating components
1. Adaptive trimming blade
Full adaptive trimming blades with automatic pressure adaptation to match edge thickness and height. Your advantages:
- Always the right pressure for different types of edging
- Prevents unnecessary vibration
- Reduces wear
2. Adaptive pressure unit
The contact pressure of the individual pressure rollers is adapted perfectly to the application by an intelligent pneumatic system. Your advantages:
- Reduces reject quotas to a minimum
- Eliminate sample workpieces
- Optimum machining results even for continuously changing applications
3. Automatic glue quantity control
Automatic, requirement-adapted control of glue quantity with program selection: Always optimum glue application for:
- Various types of panels, e.g. chipboard or MDF
- Various panel thicknesses
- Various feed rates
- EVA or PUR glue
- Adaptation to processing parameters for glue from different manufacturers
4. Automatic cleaning routine
Integrated, fully-automatic purging routine for PUR glue at the touch of a button on the control. This process completely purges the machine, full automatically, with the correct quantity of cleaner, at the right temperature and contact pressure. (Cleaning is required after 48 h = PUR reaction time). Your advantages:
- Best system on the market
- PUR glue always under control
- Avoids errors during cleaning operation
5. Remaining glue quantity indicator
The remaining quantity of glue as well as the running meters that can still be processed are automatically monitored by a special sensor in the system and displayed to the operator on the control. Your advantages:
- Operator knows how many running meters can still be produced at all times
- Professional supervision of the cleaning process
- Optimization of remaining quantity of glue in system at time of cleaning process.
18.5" Touch screen color monitor with 16:9 format. High performance control with simply operation for rational machine set-up and change-over.
- 18.5" touch screen color monitor - standard feature.
- Graphic user interface, all information displayed in plain text and/or graphic form.
- Simple operation – rotating and swiveling control panel at eye height.
- Programs are simple to call with program names and numbers.
- Large program memory for all desired applications.
- Individual selection of units with the functions as basic setting possibilities for nominal values, path points and tool corrections.
- Service reports in clear text.
- Individual management for up to ten users with password protection and individual authorization.
- Network connectivity.
- Online maintenance, rapid exchange of data with HOLZ-HER service department.
- Barcode interface.
6-Fold edging feed
Maximum flexibility with 6-fold edging feed
The automatic 6-fold edge feeder offers the advantage of flexibility to users with continuously changing edging material as well as those using the same edging continuously. The automatic chute change feature ensures that edging is always available, eliminating valuable setup times. Including seventh auxiliary chute for feeding in cut-length edging as well as 6-fold edging carriage with arresting universal rollers.
- Available on all ACCURA models (optional)
SYNCHRO edging feed
Edging magazine SYNCHRO drive.
With its synchronous adaptation to the feed rate, this edging magazine guarantees short intervals between workpieces and simultaneously optimizes edging protrusions.
Small feed angle thanks to nozzle design - easy feeding of solid wood edging up to 20 mm.
Cut edging often has small tears in the top layer. The jointing cutter unit ensures perfect glued surfaces and prepares the panels for the gluing process. Equipped with two 70 mm dia. diamond tipped cutters with AirStream technology (HOLZ-HER / LEUCO Patent).
- Including height adjustment for optimum utilization of cutters.
With symmetrical diamond tipped cutters (dia. 100 mm) for maximum joint quality and long service life. Automatic height adjustment with two NC servo-axes (optional).
- Standard features on the ACCURA 1558 performance
Glu Jet automatic - glue application system
- The pressure cylinder presses the cartridge or granules against the heater elements. After reaching a certain position, the sensor sends a replenishment signal to the control. As long as glue is being applied to a workpiece, charging is delayed until the work is finished. The pressure cylinder retracts automatically, a new cartridge or fresh granulated material is gravity fed from the cartridge supply shaft into the heating chamber where it is again pressed against the heating elements.
- Purging hole for automatic cleaning system – e.g. cleaning out PUR glue.
The Glu Jet automatic is attached to a set-up carriage alternating with the LTronic unit as a glue application system with automatic change-over. Change-over is accomplished within a maximum of two minutes by a high precision interface with HSK chuck and CNC technology.
Motor-driven pressure unit
Synchronously driven pressure unit with automatic adaptation to feed rate and NC servo-axes for motor-driven adjustment to correct edge thickness. Straight and tapered pressure rollers for perfectly glued joints.
Most powerful trimming unit in its class – edge cross-section 20 x 65 mm. With hardened linear guides for high precision trimming results up to edge thickness of 20 mm.
Flush cutting unit
High performance cutter unit for edge thickness up to 15 mm. Two NC servo-axes for cutting with and without edge protrusion. Standard on ACCURA 1556 premium and 1558 performance.
- Edge thicknesses up to 20 mm (optional).
Heavy-duty floor-mounted unit with shock-absorbing bearing and large sensing rollers for perfect results even at high feed rates.
100% repetition accuracy at the touch of a button based on zero-clearance mechanisms and six high precision NC servo-axes. Horizontal sensing with angular sensing rollers with chemically applied nickel plating developed especially for processing modern, high gloss edging.
- In multifunction package with multistage tool (optional).
Shaping cutter unit
Shaping cutter unit with four NC servo-axes as standard feature
Uncompromising shaping cutter unit for workpieces with thicknesses up to 60 mm.
Unit adjustment on linear guides With standard blast nozzles in front of sensing rollers to blow away chips in front of sensing areas. Including shelf program for optimum processing of shelves with rounded edges.
Automatic pendulum sensor copies rear without material protrusion and leaves the optimum edge protrusion for the longitudinal edge for subsequent machining with the radius scraper.
- In multifunction package with revolving tool magazine (optional).
100% repetition accuracy at the touch of a button based on zero-clearance mechanisms and six high precision, fully digital NC servo-axes.
Including high gloss package for exact adjustment of tool depth when using high gloss panels with protective foil as well as sensing rollers with chemical nickel plating.
- In multifunction package with 5 compartment, revolving tool magazine (optional).
Flat scrapers with pre and post-sensing
Clean surface finishing with pre- and post-sensing for high feed rates. 2 HW cutting edges, for use on 4 sides. Completely eliminates all manual finishing. Both units can be lifted automatically for special applications.
Polishing for maximum gloss; for complete finishing. Standard setup.
- Also available as oscillating version (optional)
Corner buffing unit
For a perfect finishing on edging ends. Completely eliminates all manual finishing. Including plunge control and motor-driven horizontal adjustment via NC servo-axes.
- Standard features on the ACCURA 1556 flex and 1558 performance
Spraying units for parting agents and cleaning agents for feed and discharge area. Anti-static, coolant and lubricant – electronically controlled by special nozzles - for a perfect edge finishing (optional).
Options for extension
Maximum efficiency with Holz-Her machine networking
HOLZ-HER realizes your production ideas within 20 minutes from the first mouse click to finished furniture with seamless machine networking.
HOLZ-HER and Zottler: Styrian Connection
The Zottler Cabinet Making Shop in Styrian, Austria, handles all types of classic construction and furniture making work. Their operations depend on machines from HOLZ-HER for universal applications.
[...] As a master cabinet maker, Zottler builds high quality furnishings for residential dwellings, hotels and restaurants as well as complete furnishings for retirement and nursing homes and student dormitories for customers in Austria, Germany and Switzerland. “Recently we just completed 250 kitchens as well as the complete room furnishings for student dormitories in Graz’s CoolCity [...] For the team with its 48 employees working like a small industrial mass-production shop in two-shift operation, failure of a machine would be disastrous. During the last 5 years a great deal of time has been spent developing efficient processes and a bundle of money invested in state-of-the-art machines to ensure that these processes run smoothly.
What brought you to HOLZ-HER? Zottler: "After the initial period nearly ten years ago, we were confronted with the decision whether to spend a lot of money to convert the old panel saw or just buy a new one right away. We made a foresighted decision. An existing contact recommended HOLZ-HER. And ever since that time, Zottler has invested regularly in new machines from the plant in Voitsberg, which is only an hour’s drive, “because when it comes to our essential machines, we only want one company to contact, who needs to be in the vicinity and offer true Austrian quality.” And if things ever get really critical, interjected Peter Gadi, Regional Sales Manager at HOLZ-HER and responsible for the projects at Zottler, we send a service technician to Passail immediately to solve the problem.
The extensive machine park from Holz-Her, now in use at the Zottler Cabinet Making Shop, covers all processing steps for mass-produced furniture, thus ensuring continuous work flow: [...]
High quality furniture with the HOLZ-HER ACCURA
The Kleinhans Company in Kehl has worked with HOLZ-HER machines since the 2002. In January 2016 the company decided to make a further investment to enhance their quality: They invested in an edgebander from the successful ACCURA line.
The Kleinhans Company has been in business for over 50 years and, in the meantime, is being managed by the second generation. The team consists of skilled craftsmen such as carpenters, glazers and window makers with a staff of over 50.
Based on the exceptional skills of its employees, the product line produced by the Kleinhans Company is equally impressive: In addition to windows, doors and kitchen cabinets, the company is specializing more and more in the areas of furniture and interior finishing - true to its motto: “Wood and Design for Quality”.
The new ACCURA 1554 edgebander was purchased especially for the areas of interior finishing/furniture. The edgebander uses multi-function technology. The advantages are obvious: The multifunctional package for cutting, corner copying and radius scraping provides a perfect appearance for all normal edgebanding processes. Tool-changing is a completely automatic process with the NC servo-axes and the multi-stage tooling technology. For the Kleinhans Company the ACCURA 1554 guarantees professional edgebanding with all required processing attachments.
The company has already had an opportunity to present the new machine to customers: At their Open House in July 2016, several hundred visitors were anxious to become acquainted with the production facilities at the Kleinhans Company during a personal tour.